Imagine that you have to create a script for the “Create New User Account” business process. There are several constraints that will make your job difficult…
The username field has the following properties:
- valid characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9
- usernames are not case sensitive. “Stuart” is the same as “stuart”.
- usernames must start with a letter, not a number.
- usernames may be a maximum of 8 characters long.
- username must not be a duplicate
Some other information about your testing:
- It is unclear when the database in the test environment will be refreshed, but it should happen at least yearly. It will definitely not be refreshed for every test run, and it will not be possible to delete any of the user accounts that you have created.
- The business process takes a minimum of 1 minute to run from start to finish.
- There will be a maximum of 99 virtual users executing the business process in the scenario.
- It is possible that virtual users will execute the business process at exactly the same time.
How do you create usernames that meet all of the above criteria without creating any duplicates? Create a script or provide a descriptive solution.
See the comments section for my solution…