Welcome to the Correlation Challenge. I have condensed some of the types of correlation problems I have encountered in real web applications (ranging from relatively easy, to fairly difficult) into this exercise. You should be able to manually navigate through the Challenge with no problems, but creating a LoadRunner/VuGen script that will do the same thing will take a non-trivial amount of effort. Please treat this as a training exercise. If you can get to the end of this exercise by yourself, then you can correlate with the best of them.
- The Challenges must be attempted in the order given.
- Scripting Exercise: Correlation Challenge (useful reference)
- LoadRunner Correlation Patterns (useful reference)
- Please don’t share your solutions, ask for help, or help others. This is meant to be a challenge.
- Please email me if you find any bugs that are not obviously part of the challenge (stuart at myloadtest dot com)
- Please add…
web_add_auto_filter("Action=Exclude", "Host=www.google-analytics.com", LAST);
…to your vuser_init action, so that you do not artificially inflate my Google Analytics statistics while you are running your script.
Hall of Fame
The following people were skillful enough to complete the Correlation Challenge, and brave enough to show me their script.
- 2012-02-07: Joel Deutscher – Congratulations on being the first person to complete the Correlation Challenge!
- 2012-02-13: Wei Yau
- 2012-02-21: Paul Santiago
- 2012-03-13: Sam Lindsay
If you email me your (zipped) solution, I will list your name/website/company here.
On with the challenge! Press the "next" button to continue...