When HP released VuGen 11.50, there were no third-party add-ins available, so it made no sense for them to include an addin manager. Now that people have started to write add-ins, the need for this feature has become more obvious. I have released the Add-in Manager for VuGen 11.5 for free as a service to the LoadRunner community.
Features and Benefits
- Users can install/uninstall add-ins easily through the Add-in Manager interface.
- Users can see all the add-ins that are currently installed.
- Users can enable/disable add-ins.
- Add-in developers can now release their add-ins in convenient “.addin” packages.
I am currently looking for someone to create a Windows installer for the add-in manager, and still have a couple of minor features to add. When this add-in is installed, it will automatically add www.myloadtest.com to the list of sites that are searched when you have a problem.
- The Add-in Manager for VuGen is basically a tweaked version of Daniel Grunwald’s addin manager for SharpDevelop. Daniel’s addin manager does not work with VuGen.
- The source code will be released on GitHub under the terms of the LGPL license.
- I will be asking for PayPal donations to help pay for the cost of packaging this software.
The Add-in Manager for VuGen 11.50 has been developed and will be available for download soon. To be notified when it is released, please register your interest here.